Here you will find links to helpful websites and services specifically aimed at helping those with and affected by eating disorders.
Did you know
Anorexia has the highest fatality rate of any mental illness
Book a training for your school or organisation – email@example.com
Recommended books and guidance
- Eating Disorders: Cognitive Behaviour Therapy with Children and Young People (CBT with Children, Adolescents and Families) – Simon G Gowers and Lynne Green
- Overcoming Binge Eating: A Comprehensive Guide to Symptoms, Causes and Treatment of Your Overeating Disorder – Edward Standmore
- Overcoming Perfectionism: A self-help guide using cognitive behavioural techniques (Overcoming Books) – Roz Shafran, Sarah Egan and Tracey Wade
- The Clinician’s Guide to Collaborative Caring in Eating Disorders: The New Maudsley Method – Janet Treasure, Ulrike Schmidt and Pam Macdonald
- Solution Focused Recovery from Eating Disorders – Fredrike Jacob
- Help Your Teenager Beat an Eating Disorder, Second Edition – James Lock and Daniel Le Grange
- Skills-based Learning for Caring for a Loved One with an Eating Disorder: The New Maudsley Method – Janet Treasure, Grainne Smith and Anna Crane
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Eating Disorders – Christopher G Fairburn
- Multistep Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Eating Disorders: Theory, Practice, and Clinical Cases – Riccardo Dalle Grave
Websites and Other resources
- Men Get Eating Disorders Too – This site highlights that men also suffer from eating disorders, and aims to help them, their families and carers.
- Academy for Eating Disorders (AED) A global professional association providing leadership in research, education, treatment, prevention, and advocacy for Eating Disorders.
- Beating Eating Disorders ( BEAT) – United Kingdom charity for Eating Disorders.
- Bulimia Help – Bulimia Help is a website dedicated to supporting recovery from Bulimia Nervosa and related Eating Disorders.
- Families Empowering and Supporting Treatment of Eating Disorders (F.E.A.S.T. ) – A not-for-profit global organisation that provides support to parents and caregivers of individuals with Eating Disorders. Website:
- Institute of Psychiatry (IOP) – This is the Eating Disorders website of the Institute of Psychiatry (IOP) at King’s College London.
- National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCFED)– This is the website of the National Centre for Eating Disorders, a United Kingdom private organisation that was developed to provide counselling and support to individuals with or affected by Eating Disorders.
- National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) – The National Eating Disorders Association, a not-for-profit support association for individuals with and affected by Eating Disorders and related issues in the United States.